Monday, February 20, 2012

Mmm Mmm Monday

Okay, so one of my Twelve for '12 goals is to try at least 12 new-to-me recipes this year. I get tired of eating the same 'ol, same 'ol week after week, so new ways to make some old favorites is something I want to try and accomplish. (And, posting more to my blogs was another goal for me, so two birds with one stone, as they say...) To try and stay on track with this particular goal, I thought there was no better way than to perhaps begin a new feature here, and entitle it Mmm Mmm Mondays...And, since I actually TRIED a new found recipe ....I thought I'd share it here, since it was SOOO easy, and Oh-my-GOSH, so good!! (I found this one on Pinterest, of course!, but I modified it *just* a bit, by adding more honey and more garlic, so while I've linked to the original here, the following is what I actually prepared:


What you need:
1/2 c. honey (I used orange blossom, because it's native to the area -- and what I had on hand -- but I'm sure clover works just as well)
3 Tblsp. soy sauce (yes, I added more of THAT, as well)
6 lg, cloves of garlic, minced
4 bone-in pork chops

What to do:
~ In a shallow pan, mix honey soy sauce and garlic.
~ coat the chops with mixture
~cook in frying pan over medium heat, adding the remainder of the mixture and turning once to cook through.

serves four (actually, two at our house, with one left over for lunch the next day!)


 This was really a big hit here; De-licious, and certainly one that will be added to the rotation in the future. 

(And, since I actually MADE this one, I'm linking it to Tackle-It Tuesday at 5 Minutes for Mom...kind of a 'cheat', I know, but, that's the way it is! )

No comments: