Friday, February 19, 2010

Be Happy

Well, folks, it's been a pretty low-key week here at the cottage; it's been too cold for me to want to get out and do anything. I've been spending most of my time watchin' the Olympics, catchin' up on my reading, and just generally hibernating until the sun comes back from its vacation! But, even so, with nothing particular that stands out for me this week, I wanted to play along, so I thought I'd share my five of my favorite quotations on happiness (which is always a favorite thing!)


a place to come on Friday's and think back over your week and just post about 5 favorite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, etc., etc




  • Some pursue happiness, others create it. ~Unknown
  • People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost. ~ H.Jackson Brown Jr.
  • I am still determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greatest part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition, and not upon our circumstances. ~ Martha Washington
  • Accept the pain, cherish the joys, resolve the regrets; then can come the best of benedictions - 'If I had my life to live over, I'd do it all the same'. ~ Joan McIntosh
  • Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples, don't count on harvesting Golden Delicious. ~ Bill Meyer



So, what about you? What are the five favorite things YOU want to share today? Be sure to head on over to Living to Tell the Story and add your Friday Faves. And, until next time...

May every day be filled with your Favorite things!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Quiet calm weeks are some of the best! And when you use words like "cottage" and "reading" in the same sentence I can hardly think of a week that would be better!

Susanne said...

Your week actually sounds very inviting! I loved that last quote. I wish I could say quote worthy things. :v)

Brenda said...

Great quotes, I like the last best also. Its so true!

Willow said...

Your quiet week at your cottage doesn't sound much like my week at my cottage! I'll trade you!

Have a happy weekend!