a place to come on Friday's and think back over your week and just post about 5 favorite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, etc., etc
1. So, as I told you last week, this past Saturday we went to a birthday dinner for the two nieces, and I could NOT have had a better time! To start, I was given the privilege to help build a fort with the nephews, out of blankets, a couch and a treadmill machine - the niece and I were even allowed IN the fort, once it was completed, and I was regaled with "farting ghost" stories from all three kids! Later, after a wonderful dinner, we played hide & seek, and later still, watched Aladdin and Jasmine(??) on DVD. Those kids LOVE their Auntie Mo, and I couldn't love them more if they were my own!! Definitely a favorite this week!
2. We have plans for tomorrow nite to have dinner with some of our closest friends; one of our pals whom we don't see much of is in town for the weekend, so we're all gonna eat too much, laugh too hard and enjoy each others' company. I can't wait, really...
3. Oh, the Chicken Dijon recipe I tried last nite was DE-licious! Definitely one I will be adding to the standard repertoire. I luv it when a new recipe turns out well!
4. Liquid Nail adhesive; yeah, I know, weird fave, huh? But, you see, last week, when I was de-weeding my fruit trees and butterfly bushes, I accidentally knocked the ear off of my little garden piggy. I luv the little guy, and I sure didn't want to throw him away (it was a 'clean break', after all) so the mister brought me home this water-proof, fast bonding adhesive. It worked perfectly, and in fact, I think I will use it this week to repair a few other outdoor items, like my birdbath and my children-at-the-garden-gate statue, since the top of the gate broke off of that too!
5. And, finally, I'll add that I'm just finishing up Nora Roberts "Key of Light", and I'm enjoying more than I had anticipated, which *is* a fave, as this is the first book in a new-to-me trilogy (by an author that I rarely read), which means I have two more left to look forward to!
So, what about you? What were your favorite things this week? Be sure to head on over to Living to Tell the Story and share your highlights with Susanne and all the other wonderful participants! And, until next time...