Monday, February 02, 2009

A Simple Start to February

FOR TODAY (Monday, February 2, 2009)...Groundhog's Day

Outside my window...all is quiet; the sun is just starting to shine and the streets are deserted.

I am thinking...I have a lot to get done around here today, and since I've yet to even have my first cup of coffee...I don't feel like doin' any of it!

I am thankful for...FastBoys Wings, who provided us with our dinner last night, so that I could watch my beloved Steelers win their 6th Superbowl Championship!!

From the learning rooms...tomorrow is Imbolc; one of the eight Sabbats on the Wheel of the Year. Imbolc means "in the belly" and is the celebration of the "quickening of Spring"; It is a time for renewal, healing, and complete transformations. (time to get that Spring cleaning underway...)

From the kitchen...this week's menu will look like this: (Mon) chicken fingers & onion rings; (Tues) Polynesian pork chops over rice; (Wed) Swiss steak, mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus; (Thur) Pork roast; (Fri)'The Works' Pasta and (Sat)pork quesadillas & refried beans

I am wearing... l.e.i. jeans, a gray, long-sleeved tee & a pink chenille pullover.

I am creating...nothing currently...

I am going...to finish up this post, get myself a cuppa, and give my mom a call so we can talk about how totally AWESOME that game was last nite!!

I am reading...Still working thru "The House of Mirth" by Edith Wharton, and "The Edible Woman" by Margaret Atwood

I am hoping...that it warms up today; I am ready for spring, already!

I am hearing...the coffee pot, telling me it's ready for me to have a big, 'ol cup!

Around the house...it's just a typical Monday - the mister is back to work, I have an entire house that needs restored to normal living condition, the hounds are playin' in the other room, and here I sit, behind this computer screen!

One of my favorite things...NFL football ; I am going to miss it (until August).

A few plans for the rest of the week: Nothing much, really. This week seems to be wide open to possibilities!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



If you would like to take part in your own weekly daybook, visit The Simple Woman's Daybook for all the details..

No comments: