a place to come on Friday's and think back over your week and just post about 5 favorite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, etc., etc
1. This past week included not one birthday, but two! My precious, sweet niece turned 6-years old last Saturday, and the littlest angel just turned two, yesterday. Tomorrow is the big birthday bash for us 'ol fuddy-duddies to attend, but Sweet Girl's "party for the little people" was, apparently, a smashing success!
2. Not one, or two, but THREE new-to-me books came to my house this week! While we were at the grocery store, I found the next installment (for *me*) of Evanovich's Plum series ("Lean Mean Thirteen") in hardcover, for $6, so I added that to the cart! Then, I received a bookcrossing RABCK (Random Act of BookCrossing Kindness) from a generous reader who saw it ("Blasphemy" by Douglas Preston) on my wishlist, and was kind enough to share it with me! And finally, I received another GoodReads author giveaway ARC book, entitled "Land of Men" by Edward Muesch. From what I gather reading the previews, its a sort of sci-fi historical thriller; can't wait to crack THAT one open, either! (Oh, BTW, I *did* finish reading and reviewing "American Rust" - the last GoodReads title I told you all about - and if you're interested, you can read my review,here.)
3. Speaking of the grocery store, we got THE best Italian five-grain wheat bread from the Publix deli this week...OMGosh! it is soooo good!! In fact, I'm having a toasted piece with my coffee, as I type this! YUMMY!!
4. My neighbor friend has gotten some good news this week. See, she's been dealing with a serious medical condition for over a year now. She needs to undergo surgery (again!), and so she just underwent tests on her heart and stress-levels to determine if she IS a candidate for the surgery. This week, those test results came back positively, and now she can get back on the road to full recovery...I'd say that qualifies for a Friday Fave!
5. And finally, I am adding the fact that I washed/cleaned ALLLL the window treatments in our house this week, PLUS I washed the windows in all the living areas (still need to do the ones in the bedrooms...) including our ten pane front door - inside AND out!! The window washing part isn't the fave, obviously. It makes my list because I am ever-so-thankful that *that* spring-cleaning chore is out of the way!
So, how about YOU??! What are your Friday Fave Fives?? Be sure to check in with Susanne's at Living to Tell the Story, and see what favorites made the lists this week! Jump on in and add your list, too...its a great way to start the weekend. Until next time,