Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Recipe Round-up

As I have mentioned here, recently, since the mister has been put on a bi-weekly pay schedule (instead of every Friday, as I was happily used to), and that has forced motivated me to attempt to plan a weekly menu, and stick to it! I've been doing pretty well, I must say, and it's even provided for a bit more 'variety' in the meals, because I'm not trying to pull it together on the fly...

With this in mind, I came across this meme at Kristina's Favorites, and thought perhaps this was just the thing to prompt me a bit further, and perhaps allow me to add some new recipes to the repertoire that I could steal borrow from the other participants.

So, as *my* first participation, I thought I'd share one of my recipes that I just made again for the first time in a long time...Mediterranean-Style Chicken. I've had this recipe in my box for years, so I'm not really sure just where it came from, but it's one we keep going back to, when I think to look through my files!

Ingredients:
1-2 lbs. skinless chicken pieces
1 tblsp. olive oil
1 (14 oz.) can tomatoes, cut up
1/4 c. dry, red wine
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. dried basil
1 bay leaf
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tblsp. water
2 tsp. cornstarch
sliced (pimento) stuffed green olives

spaghetti noodles, cooked & drained

To make:
Heat olive oil in 10" skillet over medium heat; Add chicken and brown evenly on both sides (about 10 min.)

Add undrained tomatoes, wine, sugar, basil, garlic and bay leaf; bring to a boil then reduce heat. Cover and simmer until chicken is tender (about 35-40 min.).

In a small bowl, mix water and cornstarch, then add to skillet, stir and cook until thickened and bubbly.

Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles; garnish with olives.



So, if you are looking for some new recipes to try, or want to share some of YOUR favorites, why not stop on over to Kristina's Favorites and play along?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Glad to see you Mo!! And let me tell you, as I was reading this recipe I kept thinking that I have everything but the olives. So on my way home from work, I'm gonna stop and get olives so I can make this! Thanks for playing! Can't wait to "see" you next week =)