Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring Tackles (Tackle-it Tuesday)


Well, it's been a looong time since I've posted a Tackle-it Tuesday entry; I wanted to jump back in the fray, so today I am posting my efforts to fertilize the fruit trees outside my kitchen window. It's March already (!!) and that means it's time for their feeding!


lemon & orange (Valencia) tree ~ Fig tree


Key Lime


The first thing I had to do was de-weed underneath them; Since I haven't spent much time out there recently, this was *quite* the job!! As usual, I forgot to take "before" pics (this is the biggest reason WHY I usually miss Tackle-it Tuesdays!), but here's what I removed:


That was actually the hardest part of the job, obviously, because now, all I had left to do was to 'plant' the sticks!


I used "Sta-Green" fertilizer spikes, which keep feeding for up to six months, delivering nutrients directly to the root zone; You simply hammer the spikes in at the drip line of the tree (at LEAST two feet from the trunk) until it is 2 inches below the surface. And, Wah-la! All done 'til September!

And, Look! I've already got Lime blossoms!!


So what are YOU Tackling today?? Be sure to head on over to 5 minutes for mom, and tell all about it!! See what everyone else is tackling, and maybe garner some motivation...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea and a great tackle. I have other types of trees that could benefit from fertilizer and those stakes are so easy to use.