Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sweet rewards

Yesterday, while I was blowing off taking a break from windows and washing, I took time out to make a batch of Peanut Butter Blossoms to reward my sweet tooth hard work. I suppose just about everyone already has a recipe for these, but I thought today, as my participation in this week's Midweek Morsels, I'd share mine (I *would* say this was another of grandma's recipes, however I was informed this week that my orange cookie recipe actually comes from my mom's kitchen, and I don't want to give 'false credits' for this one! So...this one started either with mom, gram, or great-grandma, all of whose recipes are blurred together in my recipe files!!)

What you'll need: (makes 2 doz. cookies)
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 cup vegetable shortening (Crisco)
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. milk
1 egg
1 3/4 c. flour
24 Hershey's chocolate kisses, unwrapped

to make:

In large bowl, cream together peanut butter & shortening.

Add egg, milk and vanilla ; Add sugar and brown sugar; beat until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.

GRADUALLY add the flour & baking soda, and beat until dough is light and crumbly.

Roll dough into small (quarter-sized?) balls, roll balls in white sugar (a small bit on a plate) and place on un-greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes, then remove from oven.

Firmly press one Hershey's Kiss in the center of each cookie; return to oven for 2-5 minutes more.




If you want to find some more great recipes, or to include one of your own, be sure to head on over to Kristina's Favorites for her Midweek Morsels; Keep on cookin', folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man I love these!! When I was younger I didn't like the Hershey Kisses, so I used to take them off and finally my mom just started making sugar cookies LOL. Thanks for this =)

Lynda said...

These look so yummy ;0)